- Gimlet Media: Gimlet Academy I recommend this as the textbook for the course in the future. While it’s for podcasts, it could serve as the framework to introduce all the other materials and subjects.
- Forbes see for a good recap of Gimlet Academy’s episodes:
- NPR: Teaching Podcasting: A Curriculum Guide for Educators I originally designed the course using both this and the student guide as the main textbook for the quarter. And I made heavy use of the parts that pertained to listening to podcasts, and looking for elements of both their storytelling and the podcasts themselves. I can’t express how appreciative I was having found a resource that had already found sample clips–and even direction on how/what to talk about. I can easily imagine someone using this as the primary text, however, I still prefer the Gimlet Academy series–mainly, because it’s concise and specific but encompass the larger aims of the course. In other words, I think these NPR guides are better for me as resource materials, along with some things to think about.
- NPR: Starting Your Podcast: A Guide For Students. Students like guides. I thought some of the forms were overly simple, but again, if someone wants to use the Educator Guide as their framework, this student guide fits right into it.
- The New York Times: Project Audio: Teaching Students How to Produce Their Own Podcasts Again, I found this more useful to me as a set of resources and exercises. But even so, it would be easy to plan a course around this as a guide as well.
- Communication in the Real World: An Introduction to Communication Studies I appreciated the fact that this freely available, but even more importantly, some of the discussions I used in class were great for prompting more discussion and reflection by students. Students frequently used its labels to identify what kind of person they are within groups.
- I will update this with better, more specific information later
- Code of Ethics Buccaneer.pdf
- Bonne Smith’s desk
- University of Oregon
- I may have to add another part to the series, or I may just list all the different things both my students as well as I used during the course of this quarter.
- I’ll list out some specific equipment we used in the Libary’s Audio/Visual lab.
- But again, I may have to add another part to the series, or I may just list all the different things both my students as well as I used during the course of this quarter.